Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Margot & the Nuclear So and So's- Animal!



Band: Margot & the Nuclear So and So's
Album: Animal!
Genre: Alternative/Indie
Country of Origin: America
Year: 2008

Track Listing:
  1. "At the Carnival" – 6:00
  2. "O' What A Nightmare!" – 4:03"
  3. "Hello Vagina" – 3:46
  4. "I Am A Lightening Rod" – 3:55
  5. "Love Song For A Schuba's Bartender" – 4:18
  6. "Mariel's Brazen Overture" – 6:00
  7. "There's Talk Of Mine Shafts" – 2:17
  8. "A Children's Crusade On Acid" – 4:10
  9. "German Motor Car" – 4:04
  10. "Cold, Kind And Lemon Eyes" – 4:37
  11. "My Baby (Shoots Her Mouth Off)" – 4:10
  12. "As Tall As Cliffs" – 4:01
Margot & the Nuclear So and So's are a little of an anomaly to me; they've been around for quite a while and just recently go signed by a major label (EPIC) and released TWO, that's right, TWO, albums on the same day. One titled "Animal!" and one titled "Not Animal!" (the former being tracks that the band chose wanted to release, and the latter being the order and tracks the label wanted them to release). Interestingly enough, a lot of the songs are remakes of old demos of theirs. Their debut album on an independent label, The Dust of Retreat, is fucking amazing. They are hard to classify, but they have a celloist and a pianist and they play alternative rock (which I've labelled as Folk-Rock because of the obvious influences of folk- pedal steel guitars, etc). They're rather mellow, but have some harder songs. I suggest everyone check it out; you will probably like it, and everyone needs to hear the quality of the percussion recording :awesome:. If you want more, I have "Not Animal!" "the Daytrotter Sessions EP" and a collection of demos of theirs.
Margot

3 comments:

Charles D. Ward said...

Thanks! I really liked the previous album, The Dust of Retreat, esp. the track Skeleton Key. If you don't know that one, I certainly recommend you go after it.

Foldered said...

Yeah, their first album is definitely gold. I have a promo only copy that has different recordings than the retail one, but I have a digital copy of the retail one as well.

Vincent said...

When I heard this band a year ago I was instantly in love, this album is great.