Monday, July 6, 2009

The (International) Noise Conspiracy- A New Morning, Changing Weather

Band: The (International) Noise Conspiracy
Album: A New Morning, Changing Weather
Genre: Punk Rock
Country of Origin: Sweden
Year: 2001
Tracklisting:
  1. "A Northwest Passage" – 3:55
  2. "Up for Sale" – 3:27
  3. "Bigger Cages, Longer Chains" – 4:21
  4. "Breakout 2001" – 3:43
  5. "A Body Treatise" – 3:24
  6. "Born into a Mess" – 5:21
  7. "New Empire Blues" – 3:19
  8. "Capitalism Stole My Virginity" – 3:38
  9. "Last Century Promise" – 6:10
  10. "Dead Language of Love" – 4:24
  11. "A New Morning, Changing Weather" – 4:27
As a former teenager who listened to punk almost exclusively for a couple years (aside from some classic Pink Floyd and artists like Nick Cave), I find myself currently very particular in the punk music that I listen to now, which mainly consists of bands that I used to listen to. The (International) Noise Conspiracy is a band formed as a result of the dissipation of the Refused and do sound reasonably similar. I, however, am not a *huge* fan of the Refused; I think they're a cool band with a good sound, but for some reason I never really got too into them. If you're looking some new(er) Punk to sink your teeth into, definitely give this a try. I really dig their anti-capitalist agenda (a characteristic of a lot of punk bands granted, but some fail pretty pretty epic-ly), but I have a leftist bias. ;)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Charles D. Ward said...

Leftist biases are the best of biases.

Foldered said...

i don't not agree with that.