Saturday, July 4, 2009

Johnny + the Moon- Johnny + the Moon

Artist: Johnny + the Moon
Album: Self-Titled
Genre: Folk, Indie, Pacific Northwest
Year: 2006
Tracklisting:
  1. "Green Rocky Road" - 3:20
  2. "Kid Heaven" - 2:34
  3. "The Ballad of Scarlet Town" - 3:15
  4. "Johnny and the Devil" - 4:20
  5. "When You're All Alone" - 2:39
  6. "All Things Gonna Come Back Around" - 3:24
  7. "Little Red Cot" - 3:01
  8. "Oleanna" - 2:49
  9. "Scarlet Town, Pt. II" - 2:46
  10. "Tamed a Lion" - 2:11
  11. "When I Die" - 4:11
Johnny + the Moon are an indie folk band from British Columbia. Though they sound nothing alike, the band's frontman is Dante DeCaro from Hot Hot Heat and Wolf Parade. When I saw Handsome Furs last month, these guys were the opener, and I rather enjoyed it. I seeked their album out previously when I heard they were opening and really dug it. Though Dante is a bit of a douchebag (he backhandedly insulted everyone's- except his own- music tastes while playing), this album is definitely worth a shot if you're looking for something folk-ey, pleasant, and accesible. I figure a lot of people here will enjoy it.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Winterlong said...

Wow. I almost posted this album yesterday.