Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Arbitrarys - Anticipation Is Our Destination

Artist: The Arbitrarys
Album: Anticipation Is Our Destination
Genre: Indie Folk/Pop
Country: Canada
Year: 2007

Track Listing:
1. Heat the Suck
2. It'll Pass
3. I Don't Know
4. So...
5. You Are An Island
6. Hey Doll
7. God Damnit It's About Time

The Arbitrarys are Josh Sandu and Naomi Kavka of Prince George, BC. On this album it's Sandu on guitar and Kavka on cello, with a little clarinet and piano here and there. They toured Canada the summer of '08 with a full band, and sometimes they take on the full band at their live shows in town. Kavka has a beautiful, classically trained voice that at times sounds haunting, especially on "It'll Pass." Both have mastered harmonizing with one another. Normally I prefer a fuller sound, but these two manage to pull off the two person band with grace. I tend to overlook local artists when I am deciding on an album to play, simply because I feel like a chotch when they're my close friends, but I can't seem to keep this one off repeat.

riyl: Murder By Death, Tiger Lou, CELLOS, any other folky Canadian duo that are super attractive

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QOWIOZ6E

No comments: