Saturday, October 11, 2008

Warning - Watching from a Distance


Artist: Warning
Album: Watching from a Distance
Genre: Doom Metal
Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Year: 2006

Track Listing:

1. Watching from a Distance
2. Footprints
3. Bridges
4. Faces
5. Echoes

“Take ahold of my life
Make it into one that I want it to be
Make a whole of my life
Make my faces one that I want you to see.”

Simply stated, UK's Warning play Doom, and to elaborate a bit further, UK's Warning play the most authentic, emotional, depressing, heart-wrenching and "true" doom that you will ever hear. The vocal delivery and lyrics are nothing short of spectacular and once you've taken this trip with Pat Walker (vocals) and crew, you will be changed... It's a journey any metal fan has to take, in order to gain that little shred of hope, that inspiration still exists in this world.

“When I am not alone
I sever silent moments
Building bridges with meaningless words
And only feel the distance further
Remember being happy in our silence
I wish that you were with me tonight.”

SendSpace

1 comment:

Rocksteady said...

Awesome album. If anyone is a fan of Doom thats not SUPER HEAVY AND BRUTAL. check this out. Goes to show you that you don't need 3 orange full stacks to be a good doom band.